Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love to eat Turkey. Love to eat Turkey... (just a little reference for Aunt Mimi who KNOWS I will be singing this song to her today)

So, Happy Thanksgiving everybody!! The Macy's Parade is on in the other room, the turkey is about to be stuck in the roaster, and my boys are on their way home for Thanksgiving. Woohoo! It's a good day.

Time to be thankful for lots of things this past year:

1. Mom's stroke was not as bad as it very well could have been.
2. Everyone stayed relatively healthy (sans Mom's escapades, D-money's broken leg and Jean's current shoulder and gall bladder trials.)
3. I got a Full-time job when all I needed was a Part-time job. (Amazing considering how bad the financial status of the world is!)
4. We have been blessed to continue on the road of our Debt-free lifestyle (again, amazing considering how SO MANY have to turn to credit these days)
5. Our church and new small group have continued to bless us in ways we didn't even know we needed blessing. :-)

So I just want to thank God for all the blessings he has given my family. I pray daily that he continues to bless us, in the times we see those blessings and even with the trials that he blesses us with.

Now go and eat some Turkey (except for you, Mimi!)

No comments: