Monday, April 7, 2008

Davis' First Haircut

Well, I had had enough of the shaginess. Every week would pass and I would say, okay, let's go and get the hair cut. Then something would come up. Then the next week I would think, oh, there's not that much there... we can just keep on waiting. Then there was the Sunday where I just took two chunks from over his ears. And the time I made my hairdresser, Kelly, give the clippers a try. (And that didn't go over too well)

But Sunday, I had enough. I saw a little boy at the KidWay performance who had just THE BEST haircut and thought, "it's time to go". So, once I got home from church, I called Cookie Cutters and got an appointment. How would it go?? I feared the worst... Davis HATES enclosed areas (doctor's offices, Elevators, a closed room) so I wasn't sure what the CHAIR would bring. But, it had to be done, so off we went.

And let me say, I was pleasantly surprised how well it went!! Way to go, Davis!!

Before (Shaggy Mess):



During (A little Lightning McQueen Cures All):





After (what a handsome Man! and a balloon to boot!):




So, Disaster averted, and my little boy looks more like a little boy now. So that's a good thing. I do want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to my friend, Kara, who unknowingly advised me to take some suckers for the big cutting event... (little did you know I noticed that in some of your pics, huh, Kara?) which seemed to have made the whole world a little brighter.

No comments: