Friday, April 30, 2010

An Actual Update? Is it possible?!?!

Ah yes, my friends. It has indeed been almost 5 MONTHS since I have found time to update the blog. But good news! (or at least it's good news if you like to know what's happening here...) I might be able to do this little update on a much more frequent basis due to SEVERAL exciting events that have occurred here in the 'Ville... but I'll get to that in a bit.

Okay so here's a bit of a round up:

January: Things went well for us. Several snow storms let Davis have tons of fun in the snow. Emmy continued to grow like a weed. MB continued to drive with her job way TOO MUCH! And Davis had a really good time with his "Dinosaur" unit at School.





February: We enjoyed a visit from Mamaw and Papaw Duckworth and Emmy really learned how to sit up! She also had Baby Dedication at Church. We all had a nice Valentine's Day and Davis had fun at the Circus!






March:
Exciting times on the job front... I got hired at Floyd Memorial Hospital (Cancer Care Center of Indiana) which meant no more travel for this nuclear tech! Woohoo! I techinically started with them at the end of March but took some time off with the family first. Which for us meant... A TRIP TO DISNEY!!! Seeing as Chris and I are just really big planners, it was a complete out of our comfort zone trip just because we literally threw it together. After Emmy's 6 month check-up, she got the all clear to travel. We loaded up the kids and Gigi and headed to Orlando for the week. We had THE BEST TIME!!! We got to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa Schindler, too, which was REALLY NICE. Davis had a great time, despite getting a double ear infection and tonsilitis in the middle of the trip. (Thank heavens amoxicillin makes them bounce back fast!) Emmy became quite the trooper and had a great time. On a funny side note, Davis went to Disney for the first time at the EXACT same age as Emmy. Which was super cute.







April:
April has just flown by! Davis is still doing great at school and can officially write his name all by himself now (he gets it right about 95% of the time). Emmy is a babbling machine and she will copy cat ANYTHING you say to her. Yesterday, for example, she said MAMA. (Okay, I know it's a little early, but she really is quite verbal and she "talks" all day long!) She's also a superstar at the jumperoo!! She loves being up and at 'em and most of all, ADORES her brother! :-) Work is going really well for me, and a BIG SHOUT for Gigi who is doing great with the kiddos now that I am back to full time. Chris is doing well fighting the Dandilions in the yard and he's ALMOST done with his braces! Woohoo!







So as you can see, things here are rolling along. Everyday is a new day of fun with the kiddos... they really are good kids! We are very blessed in SO many ways!

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to 'talk' with you again, soon!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Couldn't believe I saw a post from you on the blog roll on my blog! ;) Good to be updated on you guys! On a sidenote, so sweet for Chris to come by Wednesday night. I know that sacrificed some of your time with him, but it was awfully nice. Glad things are going so well! :)